Our coach, 605889, also known as the Castaway, will be making its way down to Newmar’s Factory in April of 2017. We will be there for five working days.
The main item for this trip is installing windows in the bedroom slideout end walls. We had neglected to ensure that we had windows in our bedroom when we had the coach built. An oversight on our part and one that we wish to correct. We also have a few warranty items on our list:
- Adjust full wall slideout for level
- Replace one cracked tile
- Touch up floor tile grout on one tile
- Secure fabric edging on bedroom entry doorway
- Resolve mechanical noise — clanging sound — in front wall slide just behind driver’s seat
- Resolve kitchen sink leak
- Resolve periodic half bath odour
- Check front wheels for balance
- Fully seal passenger side mirror
- Repair clear coat on driver’s side DEF tank
- Repair trim on passenger side slideout (this one is on us)
I received the service notification from Newmar last week. It included this service letter (I did make a few minor redactions related to access codes into the buildings and WiFi codes):
We are scheduled for service building 11. We received the confirmation of the work order for the windows and we received a service information package along with our window tag. We need to forward our warranty items to Newmar this week otherwise everything is all confirmed.
The trip will take about 10 hours and, for the way we travel, two days each way with a five day service duration. Nine days for this particular trip.
Our warranty list is quite short which talks to the quality of the Newmar coach.
Looking forward to making this trip and doing the Newmar factory tour. And really looking forward to being back in the coach. I miss it already and it has only been a week.