Still Here Waiting

We were not able to leave the dealer yesterday as we had hoped.

After a 4pm meeting with the service manager, we started calling all of our reserved bookings to see if we could move them out a day.

And we could.

Except for the first night. Tonight. No sites available. Sites in the north that can handle a rig our size have now closed for the season.

Assuming that we do get out today — the dealer is hoping to have us on our way by 2pm — we plan to stop overnight at a Casino in Erie, Pennsylvania. I’ll try my hand at the horse races and the casino and recoup my recent losses in the stock market.

It will be a bit of a different experience as we won’t have much room in the coach with the slides in. No services either. We will be boondocking for the night. The generator will get a good workout.

If we manage to be on the road by 3pm today, we’ll have the joy of battling some of the most congested highways in North America during peak traffic hours.

We’ll be crossing the border sometime between 6 and 7 pm. And we’ll stop overnight around 8pm.

2 replies
  1. Pamela Watson
    Pamela Watson says:

    I feel so badly that you have had to deal with so many issues!!! I am keeping my fingers crossed for you for uneventful travels ahead!

    • Richard
      Richard says:

      So nice of you to be thinking about us! You probably know by now that we were able to get out and cross the border roughly on schedule. And the drive down so far has been great. Looking forward to being down in sunny Florida in another week. Hope all is well!


Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply to Pamela Watson Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *