I am so upset right now. So upset.
Greetings from Canada.
Lorraine and I are so very sad and disappointed that the Canada/US border continues to remain closed to non-essential travel by land. Until the border reopens, we are unable to cross into the United States with our motorcoach.
The current “temporary” border closure measures have been extended every month since they first took hold in March. There is currently no plan from the Canadian government to reopen the border and we expect, although we do not know, that the border will remain closed indefinitely due to the consistently high level of COVID-19 cases being reported in the United States.
As you can imagine it has made our planning as full-time RVers exceptionally challenging. We have to leave our site here in Canada on October 25th. Ordinarily we would be looking forward, with great enthusiasm, to returning to our beautiful home away from home, Myakka River Motorcoach Resort.
Not this year.
Unfortunately we have little choice but to make alternate arrangements to remain in Canada because of the border closure.
Lorraine has already reached out to explain our situation and this note confirms that we cannot commit to our site this year. We do not know when we might be allowed to once more travel into the United States by land.
We have made arrangements to rent an executive house in Canada on a month-to-month basis and our coach will be in storage on a month-to-month basis. Should the border reopen and, weather permitting, we can travel south, we fully intend to do so. Unfortunately we do not know when that might be and, should the border reopen, we will be in touch to see if we might find a spot with Myakka later in the winter/spring.
Best wishes to everyone at Myakka. Keep safe and healthy.
We will dearly miss you!
Richard and Lorraine