We have now made a few bookings for our trip south. We will be leaving from Sherkston Shores RV Resort — identified as point 2 on the map above. Point 1 is where we are living right now.
The plan is for Lorraine and I to take the coach over to our dealer mid-August. We have a bit of a punch list:
- Side radiator lower grill guard almost disconnected from body of coach
- Oasis hot water heater pump failure — this one is a known defect by the manufacturer
- Full wall slideout uneven — literally rises up a quarter inch or so after slides are deployed — this was not resolved during warranty by the dealer and is still outstanding
- Full length of Girard Awning Casing on top of passenger side of coach overhangs coach body by about an inch
- Levelling jack leaking hydraulic fluid (passenger side front)
- Small puncture in roof membrane requires repair
- 483 RSB – Recall 17V 420: Driver Passenger Shade
- 486 TSB – MCD Remote Shade Motor Replacement
- 488 RSB – Recall 17V 497: Battery Cable May Rub Against Frame (potential fire hazard)
- 493 PIB – Freightliner Lightbar: instrument panel odometer value may reset and not match the engine ECU odometer value
The dealer wants the coach for about a month. We will pick it up from the dealer mid-September and head over to Sherkston Shores and hang out there until the end of October.
We then make three stops over five days on our way down south. Point 3 on the map above will be at Stonewall Jackson Lake State Park. Looks like a nice place. The first drive will be 6 hours on the road not including breaks.
Point 4 on the map is our next stop. We will spend two days at the Mountain Falls Luxury Motorcoach Resort. I suspect that this will be a stunning place to rest up after a second long day of driving. Roughly 7 hours between Stonewall Jackson and Mountain Falls without including any breaks.
After a two-night layover, we will head over to point 5 on the map above: Hilton Head Island Motorcoach Resort. Another 6-hour drive without including any breaks.
From there, we take a longer drive over to Myakka River Motorcoach Resort. A little over 8 hours on the road without including any breaks.
And then? A whole month in the sun and warmth.
Why take the drive down so quickly? Well, we want to enjoy as much of our time as possible in the south. 4 relatively long days behind the wheel will be worthwhile once we pull into our site in Florida.